It is notoriously hard for professional law firms to differentiate themselves in a packed marketplace. Hospitality operators need to comply with legislation in relation to food, as an employer and as an establishment which welcomes the public. TLT knew that the way to cut through was to been seen as thought leaders and to put their experts in front of hospitality operators, so they came to us late in 2015 with the simple request ‘help us start conversations’.
What We Did
To help TLT achieve their objective we recommended that rather than focus on one specific piece of legislation that they should partner with us to produce a wide-ranging survey taking the pulse of the restaurant sector and touching upon the key issues with opinion and expert advice.
The research became the main communication vehicle for TLT’s message and the results were debated by senior professionals in a round table which was reproduced in The Caterer and on www.thecaterer.com
- We designed a survey that was distributed to The Caterer’s extensive operator database
- We worked with TLT on commentary around each of the key research findings
- We organised a round-table debate at TLT’s offices. We brought some of the biggest names in the restaurant sector to debate, on the record, the key survey findings. This enabled TLT’s senior team to network with potential future clients and to share a platform for debate.
- The Round table and survey results were turned into a 16 page supplement which was published in The Caterer, on thecaterer.com and widely distributed in digital formats
- The supplement was also reproduced as a stand-alone publication for TLT to use for lead generation, at trade shows and their own events
- Email and online advertising was also used to drive traffic to the report and TLT’s website.
- TLT’s employment law specialists were also invited to speak at The Caterer’s HR forum to address specific concerns in relation to employment law.
“I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much for delivering so well on all the aspects of our partnership this year.”
The campaign provided wide-ranging coverage and a platform for TLT to position their key people. They have continued to drive value from the survey using it in their ongoing marketing communications.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much for delivering so well on all the aspects of our partnership this year. You were excellent in suggesting proposals that we were able to tweak to meet our available budget but also achieve our objectives. Thank you also for adding to our package, my colleague Esther’s speaking slot at your HR Forum earlier in the year.
It was great to get support on the design of the questionnaire and you also managed to get us some top names in the industry to attend the roundtable, which we enjoyed hosting at our offices. The coverage of both the research and the roundtable was superb you and helped us deliver an ‘insight report’ which is really impressive and truly reflects a partnership approach, as compared to many I have seen elsewhere.